Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Counselling and Applied Psychology
This program provides a clear pathway for students to specialize further in a specialized psychological area related to counselling. The Level 5 modules serve as a bridge to higher-level education and potential career opportunities for learners to embark on their professional development.
The Level 5 qualification in this program is designed to foster students’ abilities to think independently, navigate complexity, and apply their knowledge effectively in various therapeutic contexts. Students are encouraged to think critically, explore innovative solutions, and deeply understand the specialized aspects of their chosen field. This approach prepares them for meaningful contributions in counselling and psychology by bridging theory and practice.
- The First futuristic state-of-the-art campus in Sri Lanka
- Located at the prestigious One Galle Face tower
- A student-friendly and supportive learning environment
- Stimulating and career-ready programme
- A highly qualified Lecturer panel comprising of Academic and Industrial experts
- Globally recognized curriculum
- Modern facilities and creative learning spaces with a spacious recreational area
- World-class learning experience with the latest technology and superior systems
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in a related subject such as counselling or psychology
- GCE or London A/L with 2 passes in any stream
- Prior learning/work experiences will be considered on case-by-case basis if the candidate does not possess the standard entry requirements
Module Guide – Year 1
- Personal & Professional Development through Inclusive Practice
- Developing Empathic Communication for Effective Therapeutic Relationships
- Preparing for Research
- Ethical Frameworks in Counselling
- Self-Awareness and Reflective Practice in Counselling
- Theoretical Perspectives in Counselling
- Individual Differences
- Digital Approaches in Caring Professions
Module Guide – Year 2
- Counselling Skills Development & Practice
- Working with Diverse Clients in Therapeutic Counselling
- Mandatory Specialist Module
- Risks & Assessment
- Additional Specialist Module
- Optional Module
Specialist & Optional Modules
- Psychodynamic Approaches in Counselling
- Gestalt Approaches in Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Approaches in Counselling
- Pluralistic Approaches in Counselling
- Counselling for Loss & Grief
- Working with Survivors of Abuse
- Counselling Young People
- Global Perspectives of Mental Health
- Relationship Counselling
- Enter a final year of a bachelor’s degree (Level 6) and complete your last 1 year of the bachelor’s degree level.
- Full Time: 2 Years
How to Apply
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process, evaluate you and issue the offer letter.
Once you’ve accepted the offer and completed your registration, you’re ready to start your learning journey at the International Campus.