Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Counselling and Applied Psychology
This programme aims to provide the learners the opportunity to construct a variety of skills, techniques, personal qualities, and attributes to enable them to make an immediate contribution to employment while providing flexibility, knowledge and skills as a basis for future studies and career progression in the sector.
At Level 4, students are introduced to the fundamental concepts, theories, and techniques of both counselling and applied psychology. This phase focuses on building a strong theoretical framework and understanding of the core principles which involves the practical application of psychological principles in real-world settings.
- The First futuristic state-of-the-art campus in Sri Lanka
- Located at the prestigious One Galle Face tower
- A student-friendly and supportive learning environment
- Stimulating and career-ready programme
- A highly qualified Lecturer panel comprising of Academic and Industrial experts
- Globally recognized curriculum
- Modern facilities and creative learning spaces with a spacious recreational area
- World-class learning experience with the latest technology and superior systems
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in a related subject, such as BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling or
equivalent Level 3 qualification
- GCE A/Level or London A/Level with 2 Passes in any stream
- Prior learning/work experience will be considered for candidates who do not possess standard entry
- Personal & Professional Development through Inclusive Practice
- Developing Empathic Communication for Effective Therapeutic Relationships
- Preparing for Research (Pearson-set)
- Ethical Frameworks in Counselling
- Self-Awareness and Reflective Practice in Counselling
- Theoretical Perspectives in Counselling
- Individual Differences
- Digital Approaches in Caring Professions
- Enter a Higher National Diploma (Level 5) and complete your last 2 years of the bachelor’s degree level
- Full Time: 1 Year
How to Apply
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process, evaluate you and issue the offer letter.
Once you’ve accepted the offer and completed your registration, you’re ready to start your learning journey at the International Campus.