Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (Fashion)
The Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Art and Design with Fashion Pathway is a comprehensive and advanced qualification tailored for individuals aspiring to excel in the dynamic and competitive field of fashion.
This program offers an in-depth exploration of artistic principles, design techniques, and fashion industry knowledge, equipping students with the skills needed to thrive in various roles within the fashion sector.
The curriculum includes substantial project work, enabling students to conceptualize, create, and showcase their own fashion collections, fostering creativity, innovation, and a strong design portfolio.
Emphasis on sustainable and ethical practices in fashion underscores the program, aligning students with industry trends and demands for responsible and environmentally conscious fashion production.
Industry-focused workshops, collaborative projects, and real-world simulations provide students with valuable practical experiences, enhancing their teamwork, communication, and problem-solving abilities.
The HND qualification opens doors to diverse career opportunities in fashion, such as fashion design, fashion entrepreneurship, fashion marketing, fashion merchandising, and more.
- Internationally recognized UK Qualification
- Practical and hands-on approach
- Industry relevance and recognition
- Diverse specialization options
- Flexibility and progression
- Continuous assessment
- Development of transferable skills
- Project-based learning
- GCE A/Level or London A/Level with 2 passes in any stream
- BTEC level 3 foundation in Art and Design or equivalent
- Prior learning/working experience will be considered for candidates who do not possess the standard entry qualifications
- Proficiency in English
- Professional Development
- Contextual Studies
- Individual Project (Pearson-Set)
- Techniques and Processes
- Computer Aided Design
- Fashion and Textile Practices
- Pattern Cutting and Garment Making
- Fashion Collection
- Applied Practice-Collaborative Project
- Creative Entrepreneurship
- Professional Practice
- Advanced Fashion Design
- Trend Forecasting
- Upon successful completion of the HND Art & Design (Fashion) course, students will have various opportunities to advance further in their chosen path.
- The focus on specialist pathways provides students with a clear set of skills and goals for further study or entering employment.
Progression to Top-up Degree pathways from an HND in Art and Design-Fashion include
- BA Fashion
- BA Fashion and Design
- BA Fashion and Textile
- BA Textile
Progression to Industry and Career pathways from an HND in Art and Design-Fashion include:
- Womenswear designer
- Menswear designer
- Sportswear Designer
- Costume designer
- Product developer
- Pattern drafter
- Fashion graphic designer
- Surface pattern designer, etc
- Weekdays: 24 Months
- Weekend: 24 Months
How to Apply
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process, evaluate you and issue the offer letter.
Once you’ve accepted the offer and completed your registration, you’re ready to start your learning journey at the International Campus.